Thursday, July 26, 2012


I decided that it was time for a vacation.  I didn’t want to go anywhere local, but I wanted a big vacation.  I decided that I would go to Australia.  I have never been there before, and I don’t need to know a foreign language to get around.  I got my passport, and had purchased my tickets.  I was so excited for the day to come.  I was on time for my flight, and it went smoothly.  While I was there, I was able to visit the beach, and enjoy the views.  While I was there, I started to get migraines at night.  I had never had these before, but I needed a solution.  While I was in Sydney headache treatment became one of my top priorities.  If I couldn’t get my headache resolved, the rest of the trip would be miserable.    I decided to try some home remedies to see if that would make it go away.  I never thought that while I was in Sydney headache relief would be at the top of my list.  I figured it would be the beach, or visiting the outback.


I did a search online to see how I could try to get these headaches to stop.  One site said that I should drink a lot of water.  I started drinking over a gallon of water a day, but I was still getting these headaches.  I read another post from someone that said to try a cold or a hot compress.  I figured I would start with the cold.  I got a rag from the bathroom and soaked it in water, and then put some ice inside of it.  I sat there for almost 30 minutes and it didn’t help.  Ok, heat next.  I got the same towel and ran it under the hot water for a few minutes and put it back on my head.  Thankfully, within minutes the headache started to go away.  I’m not sure why the heat worked, but since was on vacation in Sydney headache relief of any sort was welcome.  I would walk around with a hot towel on my head all day if it meant I got to enjoy my vacation.

Later that evening my headache started to come back.  I decided that I would go back to the hotel before it got any worse.  Rather than using a hot towel, I decided I would just take a hot shower.  I stood in the shower and let my head hang in the running hot water for almost an hour.  The rest of the hotel might be out of water, but since it was my vacation in Sydney headache treatment was all that I cared about!  The whole city could have been without water, but as long as my headache was gone, I didn’t mind.  The next day was a lot better.  I started to get a minor headache later in the day, but it wasn’t as severe.  Later that night I resumed my process in the shower and it never got worse.  For the rest of the trip I had to keep the same schedule.  I didn’t mind the long hot showers each night; I just wish it wasn’t because of my migraines.

More about headaches and treatment here: 
http://www.activedental.com.au/ot-headache-snoring-treatment-parramatta-sydney.php

No comments:

Post a Comment